Our policy applies to you if you use our products or services in store, over the phone, online, through our mobile applications or if you use any of our websites or interact with us on social media (our "Services").
Who we are
Spares4Repairs is a trading name of C&G Domestics (referred to using "We", "Us", "Our" or the "Company") is a company registered in England and Wales and is part of the C&G Group. C&G Domestics was established in 1986 selling spares and appliances with over 30 years of experience.
Our primary brands are [Spares 4 Repairs, Stockport Repairs]
Information We Collect
We collect personal information about you when you visit one of our stores, use our Websites ("Websites"), or use our web or mobile device applications ("Mobile Apps") or if you communicate with us by phone, e-mail and social media. We refer to our Websites and Apps collectively as "Online Services".
The types of personal information we collect includes:
· Personal details such as your name, address, email address, phone number and other contact information Transaction information, such as the product you purchased, its price, your method of payment and your payment details.
· Your account information - such as dates of payments owed and received, the subscription services you use or any other information related to your account
· The phone numbers that you call/send messages to or the phone numbers that you receive calls/messages from.
· The date and time of the calls and messages you send or receive through our network, and your location at the time these communications take place.
When you're online the information we collect includes:
· Account information, like your username, password, and other identifiers or credentials you use to access our online services or to buy our products and services, details of your shopping preferences, such as your favourite brands and products, as well as which of our stores you prefer to shop in
· Details of your visits to the Website, in-store WIFI or App and the resources that you access. Examples include ads that you click, device information and your location
· IP address and cookie data
· Information that you provide in your dealings with us. This includes when you register to use our online services, or when you subscribe to our services or request further services and/or information from us.
The situations when you provide personal information could include when you:
· Purchase products at our stores or through our contact centre
· Register or use our Online Services
· Request to receive marketing or other communications
· Use our Wi-Fi networks or other in-store tech
· Enter one of our competitions or when you complete one of our customer surveys
· Submit information when you're providing feedback
· Use interactive features of our Online Services.
How we use your Information
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data. These are set out below.
When we're required to enter into a contract with you
· We use your personal information to process your orders and payments or to give you a refund.
Where you have provided consent
We use email and text messages to communicate with you about updates about ongoing orders or repairs or sales.
· An update on parts we are ordering in for click and collect or delivery.
· Arranging of times or revisits for repairs or sales.
· To supply tracking information for parcels.
Where there is a Legitimate Interest
As a Company we are often required to process your personal data in order to carry out certain tasks relating to our business activities. In such cases, processing of personal data can be justified on grounds of legitimate interest.
· To provide customer support and to respond to, and communicate with you about your requests
· To contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information
· To check our records are right and to check every now and then that you're happy and satisfied (e.g. customer surveys).
· For marketing activities (other than where we rely on your consent) e.g. marketing permissions captured during the course of a sale, personalising marketing messages through social media and other third party platforms;
· To send promotional material (e.g. renewals) to you in the post or inform you of our offers by telephone
· To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request)
· To send communications to you about your orders, purchases or accounts and bill you for using our products or services
· To let you post on our blogs and interact with us through social media.
Personalise & Improve our Service
· To personalise your experience on our online services. This could include providing you with interesting, relevant content, or making navigation to our Sites and Mobile Apps easier
· To help us understand more about you as a customer, the products and services you use, the way you use them and how you shop across the company, so we can serve you better
· Improve the content and appearance of the Website(s) or App(s), and to make sure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you
· To operate, evaluate and improve our business, including the development of new products and services; to determine the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising; and the analysis and improvement of our products, offers, promotions, and Online Services and other technologies
· To show you relevant ads by using data collected from your devices, including your searches, location, ads that you have seen and personal information that you have given us, such as your age range, gender and topics of interest. Dependant on your Ads Settings, this data informs the ads that you see across your devices. So if you visit our website on your computer at work, you might see ads about our products or services on your phone later that night.
· Where you fail to repay what you owe Us or return our property, we may need to trace your whereabouts (sometimes using a tracing Agent) in order to recover payment or reclaim property. This might be carried out by a third Party debt recovery agent on our behalf
· To protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities
· For network and information security in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss or damage, theft or unauthorised access.
When we're required to comply with our Legal Obligation
We'll use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations including:
· To identify you when you contact us
· To verify the accuracy of data that we hold about you
· To assist HMRC and/or the Police and/or other regulatory bodies in relation to an investigation by a public authority.
Where it is in your Vital Interest
In certain circumstances it is in your vital interests for us to process your personal information. We may need to contact you if there are any urgent safety or product recall notices or where we otherwise reasonably believe that the processing of your personal information will prevent or reduce any potential harm to you.
Who we share your personal information with
Our service providers
We work with partners, suppliers, insurers and agencies so they can process your personal information on our behalf and only where they meet our standards on the processing of data and security. We only share information that helps them provide their services to us or to help them provide their services to you. For example, we may share you personal information with couriers or supplies regarding delivery to you.
Other organisations and individuals
We may transfer your personal information to other organisations in certain scenarios. For example:
· Third party vendors who help us to manage and maintain the Group IT infrastructure
· If required to by law, under any code of practice by which we are bound or we're asked to do so by a public or regulatory authority such as the Police or the Department for Work and Pensions
· If we need to do so in order to exercise or protect our legal rights, users, systems and services
· In response to requests from individuals (or their representatives) seeking to protect their legal rights or the rights of others.
· With emergency services (if you make an emergency call), including your approximate location
You have rights over automated decisions.
· Under certain circumstances, you can ask that we do not make our decision based on the automated score alone
· You can object to an automated decision, and ask that a person reviews it.
If you want to know more about these rights, please contact us.
How long we keep your personal information
We will keep your personal information for as long as you are or have been a customer. This could include one of the ways specified in 'How we use your personal information' and for one of these reasons:
· To respond to any questions or complaints
· To show that we treated you fairly
· To maintain records according to rules that applies to us
· To establish, bring or defend legal claims.
· The reason we keep it is in order to help with order updates, repair status, support product recalls or safety notices. We will make sure that your privacy is protected and only use it for those purposes
We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
Access to Information held about you
You have the right to request what personal information we hold about you. This is sometimes called a 'Data Subject Access Request'. If we agree that we are obliged to provide personal information to you (or someone else on your behalf), we'll provide it to you free of charge. Before providing personal information to you or another person on your behalf, we may ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information. Except in rare cases, we'll respond to you within 30 days after we've received this information or, where no such information is required, after we've received your request.
If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it.
In certain circumstances you have the right to request a copy of your personal information from us or to have that information passed to an organisation of your choice in a format that can be easily re-used.
Right to stop or limit our processing of your data
You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we're not entitled to use it any more, to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances.
Where we rely on our legitimate interests, as set out under 'How we use your personal information', you may object to us using it for these purposes. If we agree that your objection is justified in accordance with your rights under data protection laws, we'll permanently stop using your data for those purposes. Otherwise we'll provide you with our justification as to why we need to continue using your data.
You can ask us to restrict the use of your personal information if:
· It isn't accurate.
· It has been used unlawfully but you don't want us to delete it.
· It's not relevant any more, but you want us to keep it for use in legal claims.
· You've already asked us to stop using your data but you're waiting for us to tell you if we're allowed to keep on using it.
Please note that we may be required by law to retain certain information. Before we are able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, we may ask you provide other details to help us respond to your request.
If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us
Please make sure you provide the following identification documents as part of your application:
Please make sure you provide one proof of identity (we suggest either a utility bill in your name or your driver's licence, but other similar formal documents may be accepted, please note the documents cannot be older than 6 months) as part of your request
How can you stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing?
We won't send you marketing messages if you tell us not to.
· You can click onto the "unsubscribe" link in any communication that we send to you by email which will automatically unsubscribe you from that type of communication. Each "unsubscribe" link only relates to that specific type of communication. Please also note that you may continue to receive Service communications in relation to the product and services we have sold to you
· In relation to our App(s), you can manage your preferences in the App(s)
Please note that it may take up to 28 days to process your request.
Links to other websites
We use so-called social plugins (buttons) of social networks such as Facebook, Google+, You Tube, Instragram and Twitter.
After activation of a button, the social network can retrieve data, independently of whether you interact with the button or not. If you are logged on to a social network, the network can assign your visit to the website to your user account. A social network cannot assign a visit to websites operated by our other group companies unless you activate the respective button there as well.
If you're a member of a social network and don't want that network to combine data retrieved from your visit to our websites with data they hold on you, you must log out from the social network concerned before activating the buttons.
If you have a question or a complaint about this policy, or the way your personal information is handled, please contact us by one of the following means:
Complaining to the Data Protection Regulator
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) if you are concerned about the way we have processed your personal information. Please visit the ICO's website for further details at: https://ico.org.uk/
Changes to this Policy
We may review this policy from time to time and any changes will be updated on our website(s) and/or on our social media.